CURRENT OPENINGS: carpenters
Various positions available with a minimum of 2 years of general carpentry experience. Please inquire.
North Fork Builders is a Bozeman, Montana based general contractor that specializes in thoughtfully designed and strategically executed residential and commercial buildings. We are committed to excellent craftsmanship and collaboration with our clients to ensure their vision is carried through from concept to completion. We believe in quality through process, which is expressed through our core values: quality, craft and collaboration.
Team members are expected to share our core values and have pride in the quality of their craft. This is an opportunity to work closely with experienced carpenters to learn the trade.
At North Fork, our team is tight-knit. We rely on one another and learn from one another. If this sounds like a group you’d like to work with, we encourage you to apply.
Current and upcoming work is located in Southwest Montana in the communities of Bozeman, Big Sky and Big Timber.
Skills, Responsibilities, Duties and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of various techniques including, but not limited to:
- Basic skills: Framing, trim work and siding
- Specialized skills are a plus, but not required, including: Log and timber work scribing, coping and timber framing
- Ability to use chainsaws, lancelots and transfer log scribes
- Knowledge of start-to-finish carpentry
- Ownership of and ability to operate both hand and power tools is required
- Team members must take pride in their craftsmanship, communication, commitment, loyalty and dedication to the team. They must be punctual.
- Prerequisites: reliable transportation, basic understanding of how to read a plan set and ability to put them into practice, roof and wall framing experience
- Ability to operate machinery and tools: forklift, skid steer, scissor lift, planer, table saw and other various power tools
Duties may include, but are not limited to, wall, floor and roof framing, siding, trim work, log and timber work, setting doors and windows
Wages and Benefits:
- Wage dependent on experience
- Benefits include per diem, health insurance, matching 401k contribution, paid time off and advancement opportunities
- Training is provided for CPR and First Aid as well as equipment training on skid steers, forklifts and aerial lifts
- Access to North Fork Builders Academy classes
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, email address and phone number along with the position you’re interested in and any notes about why you’re interested. We will be in touch within two days.
Have questions about this position?
Call us at 406-551-4060 or email email@example.com